Mental Health Drills
Urgent Mental Health (MH) Crisis? Tigers never act feebly, we use our IA Drill, '1-2-3':
- If an urgent Risk to life/ self-harm = Call 999 immediately (for a missing person call Police on 101
- Text SHOUT to 85258 and following a couple of automated messages you will get a text from a “real” person who can assist and signpost you to support services or just be there to listen.
- For Immediate MH aid = Call 0800 138 1619 or text: 07537 404 719 or email: email@example.com (If still serving call 0800 323 4444 (a 24/365 MH helpline for serving military personnel & families, run by Combat Stress /MoD).
- If struggling, get your GP to refer you to TILS (see here) which is specialist, funded care for veterans and very fast.
- Contact RHQ, the Association , Branch or Local Ambush for genuine Tiger Comradeship & Care. And read on below...
Adjusting to life after Infantry Service is a challenge for many; life is easier if you know the facts and drills...
Not a Happy Tiger?
Adjustment Reaction - It is quite normal post Infantry service to miss your friends, regimental life and all aspects. This can be fine for some, harder for others. Depression, anger issues, grumpiness, relationship issues, etc. are experienced by many - you are not alone. It happens. This is not PTSD as many think but it still needs help. There is loads of free help available out there - click our links.
PTSD is a trauma related experience; after a bad event or stress pressure. This can be nightmares or panic or other symptoms. Veterans can suffer this but most have an adjustment reaction.
The 'IA Drill' is to speak up - don't wait. You can be helped easier than you think. Click on Combat Stress pages for more good MH intel and help.
Prevention and Chat? PWRR Association mates offer Comradeship, Communication & Care. Chat it over with comrades and also look online for ways you can cool off and decompress in daily life: Art, Music, Reading, Nature, Cycling, Hobbies, etc. Grab some 'me time' & try something new... Raise some £ for our own fantastic PWRR BF like many ordinary Tigers do - a brilliant way to put something back in, raise awareness and help those Tigers in need. See Shane Hayter's example and support him with a fiver via the button below. A cost of a pint for the regt...goes a long way. Let's roll... Contact Shane via the Assoc contact us if you want to know how to do fundraising pages, etc.
Shout SMS Service
Is it hard to talk? Do you feel embarrassed to tell someone you have a problem? Do you think the person at the end of the phone will demean or criticise you?
There is now another way of getting the support and help you need. Crisis Text Line is manned by supervised trained volunteers who are there to help. It is facilitated entirely by text messaging and free and confidential on all the UK mobile networks. The link to their website is here, have a look at how it works.
Tiger Top Tips
If you want to be a happier and healthier person try one of our easy top tips: